About This Blog – Miscellaneous Rambling & Musing of a Shanghai Expat Woman.
Shanghai Journal is a blog about an Expat woman’s life, traveling and insights about her expat location – Shanghai. It also covers topics on food, dining, Interior styling, Art & Design, Architecture, photography and some Internet reviews.
How It Began
It all started in 2004 as a “Personal Blog” when I came to China. It was created to share my China adventure, my feelings and the culture shock with my friends and family back home. It is my online diary, but for less-important-non-life-changing stuff. In other words, it’s a space where I pretty much bitch about anything that’s bugging me.
My name is Bibiana and here are some quick random facts about me:
- I was a 70′s baby,… Ok, to be exact, 1978 (eek).
- I have 2 sisters and I’m the eldest child in the family. We stay in different countries and we are extremely close.
- I studied Interior Architecture at University.
- Post graduate, I worked and stayed in Singapore for 3 years, went to China in 2004 and stayed in Shanghai for 5 years, and am currently staying in a third tier city in Jiangxi, Nanchang.
- I love Internet, Interior styling, Arts and Architecture, and anything gadgets.
- I danced Ballet, Chinese, Japanese, Scottish, Indian and Thai folk dances for more than 10 years, and I learned my belly dance in 2003.
- I met my hubby Ron in Singapore in 2001 and we tied the knot in November 2007. We honeymooned at ClubMed Kani in the Maldives!
- I gave birth to our sweet lil girl, Sage, naturally without an epidural in April 2010.
- I’m a proud stay-at-home-mommy. I’m lucky to be there for all her milestones, seen her take her first steps and heard her first word!
- I have breastfeed Sage for 2 years and 6 months.
- I hate bitchness, rudeness, and chocolates.
Subscribe To Bibi Liew Dot Com
Please stay in touch with me by subscribing to RSS , or via email: